"Bernard F1" the Squash Smart Green F1 Hybrid
- "Bernard F1" the Squash Smart Green F1 Hybrid
WHAT YOU REAP:
- Strong, single stem plants with an open habit
- Dark green foliage with silver spots on the leaves, upright bush with cut leaves
- Concentrated yields of firm, dark green fruit that is uniform in color and cylindrical in shape with an average length of about 18-20 cm
WHAT YOU SOW:
- Vigorous squash F1 hybrid seeds packed with high levels of micronutrients
- A productive variety with a germination rate of at least 95%
- Good for both tunnel and open field production
- Proven performance worldwide
- Fresh use
- Approximately 45-50 days to maturity, with long picking period
Meet Bernard F1— Vivify's Squash Smart Green F1 Hybrid. Proven to perform well across various countries worldwide, Bernard F1 boasts optimal yields of nutrient-dense zucchini (or as our European neighbors call it, "courgette") suitable for all forms of use, including fresh use and processing. As an F1 hybrid, Bernard F1 yields strong, healthy fruits that are firm in texture and resistant to disease with a long picking period.
When it comes to micronutrient content, Bernard F1 has got it going on. This Squash Smart Green F1 Hybrid exceeds USDA values for a number of healthful micronutrients, including:
- 8x more vitamin A
- 3.5x more vitamin K
- 1.5x more dietary fiber
- 1.4x more folate
- 1.1x more potassium & magnesium
HOW BERNARD F1'S MICRONUTRIENT CONTENT CONTRIBUTES TO CONSUMER HEALTH
Vivify's Squash Smart Green F1 Hybrid is rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that promote eye, skin, heart, bone, and digestive health. What's more, a low caloric density means regularly consuming this zucchini F1 hybrid may even aid in weight loss! Other key health benefits exclusive to this Vivify zucchini squash variety include:
- Vitamin A is an antioxidant that promotes healthy vision, cell division, growth, reproduction, and immunity, according to Mayo Clinic.
- Vitamin K: Bernard F1's high ****vitamin K content helps bones stay strong and healthy, which you can learn more about in this NCBI report.
- Dietary fiber: According to Mayo Clinic, dietary fiber has the ability to help maintain a healthy weight and decrease one's risk of heart disease and diabetes, as well as certain types of cancer. Any parts of our zucchini F1 hybrid that your body can't digest are what's known as insoluble fiber, which promotes the movement of materials through the body's digestive system for normal, healthy bowel movements.
- Folate is a B vitamin naturally present in our Squash Smart Green F1 Hybrid. According to the National Institutes of Health, folate potentially plays a role in several diseases and disorders, including autism spectrum disorder (ASD), cancer, heart disease and stroke, dementia, cognitive function, Alzheimer's disease, depression, and more. Get more facts on folate and health from the NIH's website here.
- Potassium is vital for human cells to function properly. It regulates the heartbeat, ensures muscles and nerves are working as they should, and is crucial for metabolizing carbohydrates and synthesizing proteins. Diets consisting of higher potassium intake help to regulate blood pressure and have been associated with a lower stroke incidence, according to Harvard Health Publishing.
- Magnesium, according to Harvard Health Publishing, is involved in over 300 chemical reactions in the body. It is absolutely crucial for the daily functioning of muscles, nerves, the heart, and the immune system. Magnesium deficiency is the source of many digestive disorders, including celiac disease. When it comes to promoting a healthy mind and body, our Bernard F1 Squash Hybrid is ripe for the picking.
Additional health benefits of Bernard F1:
- Heart health: Bernard F1 is packed with healthful carotenoids— which are antioxidants that protect the body from free radicals and oxidative stress. Carotenoids are also said to protect against heart disease.
- Healthy, radiant skin: In addition to supporting a healthy heart, carotenoids help protect the skin from pollutants and the sun's harmful UV rays.